Thursday 24 August 2017

My journaling mojo seems to be continuing to stick around! I got another page done that I had started a VERY long time ago! This page is week three of Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesday 2017 class. I haven't done anything with either this class or the 2016 classes for AGES. I just got stuck on week 3 of year 2017. This is the page that Donna had done for that week - a still life of lemons.


I got the background page of red painted WAY back in April, but then every time I tried to go to the next step I just got frustrated and walked away! I don't know how many times I watched this week's video but I just could not get motivated to paint lemons - or any fruit for that matter! 

So I basically decided that I was just going to do something else with the page - use some of the other techniques that I have learned both from Donna and other artists. This is the page I came up with!



I had this great picture of this girl that came with one of the Santoro products I got ages ago, and the quote is technically from Romeo and Juliet, but I like it because Simon Le Bon from Duran Duran says this quote in the video for Night Boat. The minute I saw this girls picture that is the quote that came to mind.

So not what Donna had in mind with this week's lesson, but now I feel like I can move on to the other weeks - I am actually excited to do so for the first time in ages. I even have the next couple weeks for both years prepped and ready to go. I hope to keep journaling this week and at my crop this weekend. So till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment