Wednesday 26 July 2017

Treasured Memories Canada Crop - Day Two

So day two of the crop started out with not only a yummy breakfast, but some fabulous goodies. Darryl - the owner of the store - has been a photographer for years and we all got a copy of his Canada coffee table book. Just amazing!!


Then on to the crafting. The first thing I did was finish the project that I had in mind for the class I was asked to teach at a crop I am attending in the fall. I altered a wooden frame using some Finnabair products - the White Sand Texture Paste and the Patina Paste set. Here is a sneak peak.


One of my favourite parts of crops at Treasured Memories is that they do challenges. They give you a bag with a few items in it - normally some paper and then some types of embellishments - and you have a time limit to create something. You can do whatever you like - the only stipulation is that EVERYTHING in the bag has to be used in some way. I decided to do a layout of my gorgeous granddaughter Octavia - and I ended up WINNING THE CHALLENGE!! Everyone votes on their favourite project, and mine won! My lucky streak continued, as I won a fab paper pack.



Another fun thing that happens at most crops is the Make N'Takes. Sticking with the theme the ones at this crop were both layouts, so I ended up with a couple more great pages.



Of course the next thing you know it was time for door prizes again and my luck continued. Even though I personally didn't win, both my pals Tricia and Debbie weren't really interested in any of the prizes so they gave me their tickets to put into what I wanted. And they both won and gave me the prizes!! WOOHOO!!


Then it was time for a real Canadian supper - we had hot dogs, poutine and corn on the cob! YUMMY. Not to mention the awesome floats for dessert!



After supper I kept working on my swaps, but I also finished a couple more Canadian themed pages. One was for the second of the challenges. This time I didn't win. But the other I scrap-lifted from my pal Deb. I loved what she did with hers so used it for inspiration.



My last project of the day was working on another layout. I had a couple ideas about what to teach for the crop in October and one of my ideas was to do something with the new Tim Holtz Oxide inks. I came up with this layout and since it is pretty basic, I am going to teach it as a free demo class. I am pretty happy with the end result. Of course, Octavia is so adorable it isn't hard to end up with a great layout when using her pics!!


That was it for day two - my sister invited me to go dancing with her after the crop but I was just too wiped out! So till next time and more pictures, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment