Wednesday 19 July 2017

OH CANADA!!

Hey all! This is my design team post for July for the Mixed Media Mojo Challenges group! The theme for July was Summer Celebrations with the twist of your country. I did my take on a Canadian Flag. Here is a quick look at how I made it!


So these are my supplies - I had ordered these pallets and had another idea for them, but they were smaller than I had thought, so I had to rework what I wanted to do. 
But I think it all came out better in the end!


I started off by painting the pallets with my new Imapsto Paint by Finnabair in the awesome Poppy Red. I so love these new paints - they are so vibrant!


Then I wanted to give them some shimmer/shine, so I added some Crackle Glaze to them.


They didn't really crackle like I had anticipated, but I am still happy with the end result.


The next step was to add the maple leaf to the wooden canvas I was using. My fantastic husband made me my very own maple leaf stencil!!  
I used the stencil with Finnabair's White Sand texture paste. 


 

This is what the leaf looked like while the paste was still wet.


And this is what it looked like after it was dry. 


After this step I painted it with the same red as the pallets, as I wanted it to pop.


Then it was time to put it all together. 
Adding the pallets and then some other writing was the final touches.


And this is the final project. I kinda love that it came out as I had expected.

So I hope you all like my project! Until next time, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment