Saturday 7 May 2016

So day two of my crop at Treasured Memories started out really great - then my day turned pretty crappy so not sure how I am feeling at the moment. I am glad I was with my crafty friends as I am not sure how I would have coped otherwise.

Got to Treasured and had a yummy breakfast and started creating. I did a layout using the photos they gave us from the photo booth the night before and all the paper in our goodie bags from night one - it was all 50's themed so worked great! I love how my layout came out.


Then we got our first challenge of the day - you were given an package and had to create something using everything in the package. I used what I was given in the package, along with paper and embellishments from today's goodie bag. This was what I came up with.


I didn't win, but I had fun - and it is easy to do something with pics of the girls cause they are so photogenic!!

Then I started working on an altered art project.  I started off by adding texture to both the canvases and the letters that I was using.


While waiting for this to dry so I could move on to the next step, I did a two-page layout from one of my Monday Night Class kits. I am so sad that these ladies have closed down their store. I adored their kits and I am going to miss them.  I loved how this one turned out. Great way to show off some of my Cuba pics.


Then my day turned crappy - went out to check for something in my car and discovered I had a flat tire! Thank goodness for my friends with AMA who got my spare on cause there is no way I could have. And the AMA guy said that because it was a side puncture the tire is toast. Not a happy camper I tell you. And then when I went to do the next stage of my altered art project, I messed it up! Didn't have the media I wanted to use and when I tried something else  it turned out looking horrible - well to me  anyway.  I had to take a step back, give my hubby a call to calm me down and work on something else for awhile. 

It was tough - because my crafting mojo was SERIOUSLY AWOL for most of the rest of the night, but I did get the next challenge page done.  I am not thrilled with the flowers and will likely change them when I get home, but overall not bad.


After this - and a DELICIOUS supper - I was able to get back to my other project and get it how I wanted it.  This is how it is so far.  I am working on adding more bling and flowers to it, but I have to say after the muck up I am pretty stoked that it looks this good!! And the canvas that I was unhappy with I started over by covering it in black gesso. And I like the effect that had so will end up with another canvas that will look completely different! So not bad I have to say.




So after a long day I need to head to bed - gotta get some sleep so I can enjoy my last crop day more than I did today! Till next time, stay crafty my peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment