Sunday 3 April 2016

I had an absolutely fabulous crafting weekend! My Smarty Pants Library Crop was a ton of fun. Even though we only had 9 ladies total, we had so many laughs and an absolute blast - and even raised some money for the library!!

I started a swap project, and was even able to finish it - but I want to take better pics of it so will post more about it tomorrow.

Other than that, I spent the rest of my time doing various mixed media projects.

First, I was playing with my new Tim Holtz Distress Crayons.  I am going to be doing a demo of them in a few weeks so I had to experiment with them.  I made a tag and did a little card to use as an example when I demo the crayons.  



Then I used my Tim Holtz distress sprays and the new Tim Holtz Collage Mediums (the crazing one) and made a 12 by 12 layout.


I also finished another journal page that I had started at home before the crop


But the most fun we had during the weekend was when we did another round robin art journal challenge like we did with Limor Webber at the October crop.  Most of the ladies had never done anything like it before - and to be honest were actually quite nervous about even trying it at all.  But in the end, they all really loved doing it and had a great time with it. And all really loved the layouts they went home with.

Here are the end results:


Dawn Thompson's


Evelyn Krahn's


Helen Braun's


Lisa Peter's


Peggy Henrickson's


Shawnalee Jessiman's


Treena Ward's


My art journal


It was really fun and I love how everyone had a good time, tried something new and went home with a unique page!!

All in all it was a really great weekend - and a totally productive one crafting-wise to boot!

Till next time stay crafty my peeps


No comments:

Post a Comment