Friday 8 January 2016

Greeting all my crafty friends!

So today I thought I would share with you a gift I made for a friend - an Xmas gift that she is getting a bit late! LOL.

I found the inspiration for this project from an old Inspiration Wednesday video by the amazing Donna Downey.

inspiration wednesday 12.11.13

I started off as she did, gluing miscellaneous flowers to a canvas, then adding regular gesso and super heavy gesso.  This technique is a GREAT way to use up all those flowers in your stash that you have no idea what you are ever gonna do with them!!



From there, I did the next steps she did of painting and adding some Inka Gold for accents.


After this step I strayed from her idea - mostly cause I sprayed it with glitter spray before I remembered I wanted to do her Utee step! I will have to try that the next time I do something like this. But I did really like the end result.And I added some butterflies to the back - mostly to cover up the backs of the pins I added to the canvas, but also to give the back some fun flare.



I hope she likes the end result.

I plan on doing some prep this weekend for a card class I am going to do at the end of the month, along with working on some swaps.

Till next time, stay crafty my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment